Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

Chocolate Tiffin or Chocolate Refrigerator Cake

Chocolate Tiffin

A recipe for you today. When I go to Costa for a coffee I always get the Belgian Chocolate Tiffin - I just love it! So I searched for some recipes and found this one on All Recipes
  • 110g (4 oz) butter
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons golden syrup
  • 4 teaspoons cocoa
  • 225g (8 oz) Rich Tea biscuits, crushed
  • 1 handful of raisins
  • 225g (8 oz) cooking chocolate - half milk & half dark

1. In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa. Add the biscuits and raisins when melted. Stir to combine.

2. Pour mixture into a Swiss roll size tin and press down. Melt the cooking chocolate and pour over the mixture in the tin.

3. Pop the tin into the fridge and leave for about 1 hour to set. To serve, cut into about 20 pieces.For the next attempt:

More chocolate needed for the topping as the amounts in this recipe meant that it wasn't thick enough for my liking!

It was a very easy recipe and the only skill involved was melting! I added some cherries along with the raisins and used all milk chocolate for the topping. Will definitely be making this again. (T also loved it but then I think all toddlers love chocolate!)


No comments:

Post a Comment